The nose is subtle with black berries aromas like blackcurrant. Nice notes of spices and wood are also melting together.
In the mouth, the wine has got a beautiful freshness and flavors of toasted black fruits. There are slighty wood notes in the finish which allows a long finish. You might wait a little to taste this wonderful wine because the evolution potential is excellent.
- Terroir : Bouqueyran Hill, tertiary gravels (Pyrenean gravel).
- Surface : 13,86 ha in production
- Density : 6 600 to 10 000 vines per hectare
Manual harvest at the best of maturity.
- Production : 35 hl per hectare
Light filtration before bottling
Selection in the vineyard and after destalking. No crushing, maceration prior to fermentation, mixing and racking.
Long fermentation of skins.
- 100 % high quality French oak barrels
- 8 different coopers
- 50 % in new barrels and 50 % in one wine barrels
- 14 to 18 months of ageing
The vintage 2009 is an amazing vintage. The purple color of Château Lalaudey is intense.