Approach is attractive with aromas of violets, which is rare, and small woodland which allows to this wine to be unique.
The shade of its palate is gourmand with a nice classicism sign of quality. This is a wine which has complexity and structure but also velvet and finesse.
- Terroir : Bouqueyran Hill, tertiary gravels (Pyrenean gravel).
- Surface : 13,86 ha in production
- Density : 6 600 to 10 000 vines per hectare
Manual harvest at the best of maturity.
- Production : 35 hl per hectare
Light filtration before bottling
Selection in the vineyard and after destalking. No crushing, maceration prior to fermentation, mixing and racking.
Long fermentation of skins.
- 100 % high quality French oak barrels
- 8 different coopers
- 50 % in new barrels and 50 % in one wine barrels
- 14 to 18 months of ageing
The color of this Château Lalaudey 2006 is ruby and seems to be silky.