The 2016 Lalaudey is showing a little under ripeness on the nose that needs more cohesion
Red fruit dominates the palate with a touch of aniseed and liquorice. Pleasingly complex and engaging on the palate, smoothly textured with red apple notes on the finish.
The palate is medium-bodied with sappy black fruit, hints of tobacco and spices with a harmonious finish that displays good concentration.
- Terroir: Bouqueyran Hill, tertiary gravels (Pyrenean gravel).
- Surface: 17.50 ha in production
- Density: 6 600 to 10 000 vines per hectare
Manual harvest at the best of maturity.
- Production: 40 hl per hectare
Light filtration before bottling
Manual harvest at the best of maturity. Selection in the vineyard and after destalking. No crushing, maceration prior to fermentation, mixing and racking.
Long fermentation of skins.
- 100 % high quality French oak barrels
- 5 different coopers
- 50 % in new barrels and 50 % in one wine barrels
- 14 to 18 months of ageing