An intense bouquet of black fruit, flowers and smoke which is enhanced with notes of liquorice.
The attack is fleshy with flavours of black fruit and liquorice sweets. On the palate the wine is well-balanced and full-bodied.
The estate is situated approximately 50 km from Bordeaux, in the town Saint-Christoly-de-Blaye. Planted in the district of Blaye, on the east bank of the Garonne, the vineyard is well exposed to the sun and enjoys good vine-growing conditions.
- Soil type: Clay-limestone soils
- Appellation : Blaye-Côtes de Bordeaux
- Surface area of the vineyard: 30 hectares
- Planting density: 4500 to 5000 vines/hectares
- Growing methods: "Guyot double" pruning
- Operations: de-budding, leaf stripping on one side, untangling
- Traditional vinification in vats with added yeast
- Pumping over twice daily
- 1 release