An expressive and fruity bouquet, with scents of Morello cherry mingling with raspberry and hints of smoked caramel. Upon swirling there are floral notes of peony as well as pepper with liquorice.
The attack is fresh and well balanced and gives way to full-bodied and slightly toasted flavours of fruits (blackcurrant, Morello cherry).
The estate is situated between Civrac and Ordonnac, at approximately 60 kilometres from Bordeaux.
This family-owned vineyard is planted on the west bank of the Garonne.
- Soil type: Clay-limestone soils in Civrac, clay and gravel in Ordonnac
- Age of the vines: 20 - 25 years
- Surface area of the vineyard: 13 hectares
- Planting density: 5000 to 6500 vines/hectares
- Growing methods: Operations: leaf stripping, thinning, removal of excess shoots; Destemming of the Cabernets; Weeding using chemicals beneath the row.
Vinification in temperature-controlled stainless steel and cement vats.
Pumping over twice daily during alcoholic fermentation and occasional addition of water.
Pressing with a constant impulse press.
Duration of maceration (from filling to running off): approximately 5 weeks.
Serve with grilled ribs, a pen-fried tournedos or well-aged cheese.