A delicate, complex nose of cherry and blackcurrant.
Dense on the palate, bringing together ripe fruit and vanilla notes, with a toasted finish.
This estate lies at the top of the commune of Saint-Michel-de-Lapujade, at the southwestern tip of the Gironde and around ten kilometres east of La Réole. The vineyard covers the hillsides and enjoys wonderful south and southwest facing outlooks.
- Type of soil: Clay-limestone soils
- Age of the vineyard: 25 years
- Area of the vineyard: 21 hectares
- Plantation density: 3300 to 4000 vines/hectare
- Vine cultivation: Single Guyot pruning. Sustainable agriculture certified. Tillage every other row and natural grass cover.
- Operations: debudding, leaf thinning and fruit set thinning depending on the vintage and plot.
Traditional vinification in fibrex vats.
Destemming, crushing, vatting.
Long vatting period with cooling system, 2 to 3 pumping over operations per day.
Serve with dishes such as a cassoulet or salted pork with lentils.