An expressive nose with charming strawberry, plum and toasted bread notes.
Round and well-balanced on the palate, displaying blackberry and blackcurrant. A long finish with toasted touches.
The majority of the vines are in a single block surrounding the chateau in the area known as Bazille, in the commune of Salles-de-Castillon to the northwest of the appellation. The estate overlooks a superb vineyard covering hillsides with perfect exposure. The chateau's name is a reference to an imposing two-metre-high dolmen, a designated historic monument found next to the vineyard.
- Type of soil: Clay-limestone soil
- Age of the vineyard: 30 years
- Area of vineyard: 16 hectares
- Plantation density: 5000 vines/hectare
- Vine cultivation: Sustainable agriculture certified. Meticulous vineyard monitoring: grass cover or tillage every row
- Operations: debudding and leaf thinning
Mechanical Harvesting and Sorting
Cuvée plot selection.
Traditional vinification in concrete and stainless steel vats.
Regular pumping over, at least twice a day.
Long maceration of 3 to 4 weeks.
Serve with dishes such as duck breast.