Château La Gurgue Cover Image

Château La GurgueVerified Organization

A brief history

The history of Château LA GURGUE is closely linked to the village of Margaux. Two owners of the vineyard raced successfully to become mayors of Margaux.

The first was a wealthy Portuguese banker, Mr. Peixotto. In 1871, he extended the estate with the addition of beautiful vineyards which were located around the Parish of Margaux.

Later, another mayor of Margaux, Mr. Camille Lenoir became the owner of Château LA GURGUE. He gave his name to the Château and enriched it with some valuable plots surrounded by the vineyard of Château Margaux. They are located at Curton, on the best hill tops in Margaux. The Château then returned to its original name "LA GURGUE, which is a locality of the village.
Château La Gurgue Logo

DVGL, 2 Rue Georges Mandel
France, Gironde

Château La Gurgue Wines