- Area : 0,75 hectare (among the 15 hectares of the vineyard)
- Terroir : Sandy-clay soil on ferrous blue clay veins
- Cultivation technique : No herbicides, tillage, cover crops, disbudding, leaf stripping, thinning
By hand with optical sorting on 6 October
- Yield : 30 hl / ha
28 June 2018
- Tuesday, January 12, 2016: our experts send us the detailed report of the analysis of the entire vineyard (soils, subsoils, exposure, vigour...) with recommendations to improve the quality of our wines. We immediately identify the most qualitative areas (a total of 75 ares) and decide to take all possible steps to extract the best from them.
The objectives being clearly defined, we set a very specific technical program at each stage of production.
Spring is coming, summer is passing and the vintage already looks very promising.
- Monday, September 19, 2016, it is 7:48 am, we put on our boots to taste the grapes of these 75 ares for the first time and to evaluate the interest of all the work done upstream.
Our eyes meet, a smile on the corner of our lips... everything is said... it's going to be great!
- Thursday, October 6, 2016: after many round trips in front of each plant, the decision is made: we must pick the grapes. The stalks are very red, the skins are still very firm, the pulp is juicy, the seeds crunchy and very ripe. To keep the fruit fresh, we wait until the first light of morning to harvest the bunches early. The ten barrels in the cellar are ready to receive these grapes to sublimate them during the alcoholic and malolactic fermentations taking place in integral vinification. This is followed by a rigorous daily work with meticulous manual interventions (punching down, pumping over, use of homemade immersion heaters, etc.), followed by a long 18-month ageing period in new barrels.
- Wednesday 28 March 2018: after monthly tastings, we rack the ten barrels and let our nectar homogenize in a small 23 hectoliter vat until it is bottled.
The question then arises: what are we going to do with this special cuvée?
We immediately think of our friends and partners who have been with us since the beginning of the adventure. The idea of the "Club" comes up and we immediately think about the special box that would contain this great wine.
An unusual bottle, a silkscreen printing with fine gold... Once again, the aim being to go to the end of things and to sublimate our "baby".
- Thursday 28 June 2018: in the shade of the sun, the bottles follow the same route, they fill up and are sealed with corks specially selected for long storage.
Tuesday July 10, 2018: impatient and frustrated to pass every day in front of these bottles, we grab a corkscrew, a carafe, glasses. We toast, we taste and... we think back to that looks and smiles exchanged when we relished the first grapes. "Wow! Welcome to the Club!"
Vinification intégrale : alcoholic and malolactic fermentations in new oak barrels. Meticulous interventions by hand (pigeages, pumping over, home-made immersion heaters ...)
18 months in new oak barrels