The 2019 Corbin needs a little coaxing to reveal fresh, pure notes of crushed blackberries, black raspberries and black cherries plus hints of pencil lead, bay leaves, tilled soil, underbrush and fungi.
Medium to full- bodied, that wonderful purity of crunchy black fruits continues on the palate, with an approachable frame of rounded tannins and seamless freshness, finishing on a fragrant earth note.
This 13-hectare vineyard is situated northwest of the town of Saint-Émilion. The vines are an average of 30 years old and are planted to a mix of sand and clay- based soils.
- Sorting: 3 sortings, destemming, crushing
- Maceration: At cold temperature
- Pumping over: 4 pumpings per day during the alcoholic fermentation
- Vats: 18 concrete vats and automatic regulation
- Fermentation temperature: 28°
- Vatting period: 3 to 4 weeks
- Malolactic fermentation: In barrels
- Press: Pneumatic
The wines are being aged for approximately 18 months in oak barrels, 40% new.
Medium to deep garnet-purple colored.