Initially very discreet on the nose.
Very ripe red fruit scents develop after swirling. Supple and fruity in the attack. Dense in mid-palate with a very pronounced tannic structure. The vintage's sunshine is evident, as is the alcohol. A lingering, slightly tannic finish.
Gravelly and clay limestone soils
Plot-by-plot management with integrated drainage system
-100% Manual in small boxes, with bunch selection on the vine
- Double sorting in the winery (bunches and grapes) using vibrating tables and optical sorting.
At the property
-100-hectolitre thermo-regulated stainless steel vats
- Cold maceration : 8 degress for 3 or 5 days before fermentation
- Alcoholic fermentation at 25 degrees then 28 degrees to finish
- Small volumes pumped over 3 times daily
- Warm maceration after fermentation : 30 degrees until ready to transfer to the barrels
- The contents of each vat are transferred to barrels after tasting. Pressing using a vertical press
- Malolactic fermentation in stainless steel vats
- Maturing in 3/4 in stainless steel vats and 1/4 in french oak barrels
- Matured for 10 months
Very attractive deep red colour, brilliant and intense.