Initially very expressive on the nose with very ripe red fruit scents.
Soft and full in the attack. Broad and powerful in mid-palate. Offering the full power of a sunny vintage. Good ageing potential. A lingering finish with silky tannins. Length of more than six caudalies on the palate.
• Gravelly and clay-limestone soil
• Plot-by-plot management with integrated drainage system
- Eco-responsible viticulture certified HEV 3 (High Environmental Value)
- Merlot: from 17th to 27th September 2018
- Cabernet Sauvignon: from 27th September to 8th October 2018
- Petit Verdot: on 5th October 2018
- 18 hl/ha
• 100% manual in small boxes, with bunch selection on the vine
• Rigorous sorting in the winery using optical sorting
27th, 28th and 29th May 2020
• 100-hectolitre thermo-regulated stainless steel vats • No grapes treading
• Cold maceration (8°C) for 3-5 days before fermentation
• Alcoholic fermentation at 25°C, then 28°C to finish
• Small volumes pumped over three times daily
• Warm maceration after fermentation (30°C), until ready for transfer to the barrels
• The contents of each vat are transferred to barrels after tasting. Pressing using a JLB vertical press.
• Malolactic fermentation: in stainless steel vats
100% in French oak barrels: 40% new. Matured for 12 - 15 months
Deep, dark colour.