Harmonious, it has a beautiful nose of ripe grapes, with an elegant touch of wood, red fruit and cherry aromas.
This Saint-Emilion is an absolute treat with its subtle mixture of Merlot and Cabernet. L’Excellence Clos des Menuts is a well-balanced, fruity good- keeping wine, with subtle tannins.
- Soil: Clayey limestone and sandy clay with subsoil hardpan.
- Cultivation: Integrated viticulture, thinning out of the leaves done by hand.
- Green harvest.
- Malolactic fermentation into French oak barrels.
- Vinification in thermo-regulated concrete vats.
- Ageing in barrels (Up to 18 months).
It goes marvellously well with all meats, game and cheese.