A brief history
Records concerning these lands date back to the Medieval period, but the history of Château Liversan per se really only begins in the 18th century. At this time the property was in the hands of the Marquis de Latresne, a knight of the Order of Malta. Subsequently it came into the possession of Messieurs Bernet and Ducasse, who were proprietors at the time of the 1855 classification of the Médoc. Their reaction to this ranking of the Médoc’s estates was to write to the Bordeaux chamber of commerce, which was instrumental in drawing up the classification, in order to ask it be modified in their favour.