A brief history
The Château Barateau vineyard existed in the 18th century. Abbot Barateau, priest of Saint-Laurent, came in 1820 to bless the first stone of this winemaking estate. The owners of the time took the blessing to the extreme, giving their château the churchman's name. The service of wine has remained its only creed over the years. The vineyard, planted on a good chalky-clay south-facing hilltop, is on the road to Saint-Julien. This nicely structured wine attracts the attention of all enthusiasts. Its straightforward aromas, fully blending after five years, make it one of the good Saint-Laurent crus.