Château Broustet Cover Image

A brief history

In the early 19th century, Château Broustet owner Mr. Capdeville expanded his estate with the acquisition of a neighbouring property: Château Nairac.

The resulting ‘Château Broustet-Nairac’ was recognised as a Deuxième Grand Cru in the 1855 classification.

In the late 19th century, the Fournier family acquired Château Broustet and founded a cooperage. The standard ‘Bordeaux model’ barrel – 225 litres – was first produced at Broustet, as attested by documents held in the archives of the Bordeaux Chamber of Commerce.

Located near Barsac, this magnificent estate has been the property of the company Vignobles de Terroirs since 2010.

The vineyards are composed of clay-limestone and gravel soils. At the end of the summer, the way in which the sun gently chases away the morning fog allows for early and gradual development of noble rot. Manual harvests are conducted in several waves.

The pebbles on the ground, mingled with topaz stones, soak up the heat and gradually release it into the soil, allowing each and every grape to ripen in optimal conditions. The result is a truly exceptional wine

Château Broustet Wines