Château Sainte Barbe Cover Image

A brief history

Château Sainte Barbe is located on a forgotten peninsula between Garonne and Dordogne, at only 25 minutes from Bordeaux.
The « chartreuse », designed by the famous architect Victor Louis (architect of the Grand Théâtre de Bordeaux) was built in 1760 above the existing cellars on the ground floor where the wine barrels are stored.

The vineyard of Château Sainte Barbe, certified by the environmental standard
HVE3, covers 28 hectares, 85% is made up of Merlot, the remaining 15% is divided between Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc and Petit Verdot.

Our head of culture and cellar master scrupulously watches over the health of our vines, worked in a sustainable way, without insecticides or herbicides, to produce high quality grapes which will become great Bordeaux wines.
Like our motto said «Happy Grape Breeder, Famous Wine Refiner ».
Come to see us to taste our three red wines : Chateau Sainte Barbe, the classic of the Bordeaux Superieur appellation, well balanced, great wih red meat, the Merlot of Chateau Sainte Barbe, wine of friends, easy to drink and Symbiose, the original one, blended of youngs and olds vintages.


Château Sainte Barbe Logo

Lieu-dit Sainte Barbe
France, Gironde
33 810

chateausaintebarbe.fr/en

oeno@chateausaintebarbe.fr

Château Sainte Barbe Wines

Featured Wines

Château Sainte Barbe Merlot by Chateau Sainte Barbe Bottle Preview
Château Sainte BarbeMerlot by Chateau Sainte Barbe

Merlot by Chateau Sainte Barbe is a wine of friend ! You can open in it any occasion : aperitives, tapas, barbecue, meat, chicken...and also chocolate ! Freshness and fruit in your glass. Enjoy it !!! Our Merlot is fruity and fresh. The nose is frank, fresh and pleasant, it develops notes of ripe red and black fruits (strawberry, raspberry, cherry flesh, blackberries).

Château Sainte Barbe Château Sainte Barbe Bottle Preview
Château Sainte BarbeChâteau Sainte Barbe

Château Sainte Barbe is the classical blended for a beautiful Bordeaux Superieur. Noise red fruits and woody, in mooth structured and powerfull, you will enjoy it with meats in sauce or cheese. We seek to obtain the best blend of our plots of Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc and Petit Verdot to obtain a complex wine, structured, fruity and full of curves thanks to a beautiful maturity of the grapes harvested. The whole will be supported by a French oak aging of 18 months to provide additional complexity and increased aging capacity.

Château Sainte Barbe Symbiose Bottle Preview
Château Sainte BarbeSymbiose

The idea for this cuvée, never seen in Bordeaux, was born from the desire to share the delicious bouquets of aging from vintages sleeping in our cellars.   Thanks to the work of our team, this Bordeaux “UFO (Unidentified Vinique Object)” subtly combines the elegance and finesse of mature wines (2006, 2011, 2013) with the delicacy and fruitiness of young wines (2018, 2019 ). Unheard of in Bordeaux !