A brief history
Château TOUR DES TERMES owes its name to an old tower located on a plot called "Les Termes". The discovery of moorings for boats of Gallo-Roman origin at the foot of the tower, favors the hypothesis of the presence of an old lighthouse at this location, thus marking the entrance to an outer harbor of the ancient city. Gallo-Romaine BRION located a few kilometers away. The name "of the Terms" would mean "the end of the lands".
But the Château TOUR DES TERMES is first and foremost the story of an old Médoc family who little by little, over the generations, has created this estate. As early as 1678, old parchments mention a certain ANNEY, a plowman in the town of POTENSAC in the Médoc. In 1876, his great-grandson became a winegrower in Saint-Estèphe then from generation to generation the estate grew until 1938 when Pierre ANNEY acquired the Château TOUR DES TERMES with its old tower as well as a very beautiful Métairie in Saint-Corbian where he settled permanently to produce his wine under the name of TOUR DES TERMES In 1979, his son Jean and his Grandson Christophe perpetuated the family tradition by developing the vineyard and making significant investments in buildings and equipment as well as major plot selection efforts.