A brief history
The Château Pontac-Lynch is a family estate, classified Cru Bourgeois since 1932. The vineyard of Château Pontac-Lynch has famous neighbors: not only Château Margaux, it is literally surrounded to the North and West by the vineyards of Château Palmer and Rauzan-Ségla, and South by those of Château d’Issan.
In 1952, the Bondon family bought the property. At this time, there are very few vines. The property is primarily a dairy farm. But René Bondon sees the exceptional potential.
From the 1960s, he decided to plant the meadows with vines.
The grapes will express an extraordinary quality and the resulting wine will be awarded many times.
Each member of the Bondon family subsequently brought their expertise to create wines recognized around the world for their finesse and quality.
Today it is the fourth generation that continues the tradition.
The terroir is composed of graves in surface and limestone-clay in depth, which enables a typical blending from the Medoc, ideal for qualitative wines.
45% of Merlot, 40% of Cabernet-Sauvignon, 10% Cabernet-Franc and 5% of Petit Verdot are plated on the winegrowing area.
The vineyard is running on a sustainable agriculture.
The hand picking harvest and a very selective sorting of grapes are the key elements for a balanced and elegant wine.