A brief history
The vineyard of Château Plantey is located in Pauillac. It is an old property which used to be owned by the De Gerès family from Loupes, Seigneurs of Camarsac. The vineyard was purchased by Gabriel Meffre in 1958. The current owner, his son Claude Meffre, was journalist in printed media during a dozen of years. In 1996, he decided to join the familial property to manage first its other château : Château La Commanderie in Saint-Estèphe and subsequently Château Plantey from 2000 onwards.