A brief history
The history of Château Laffitte Carcasset dates back to the early 18th century in the Kingdom of France. Already mentionned on the maps of Cassini, the vineyard is formed in 1759 at « Le Carcasset », an area located in the heart of Saint-Estèphe appellation.
In 1781 his owner, Jean Laffitte, lawyer and prosecutor of the king Louis XVI in Bordeaux, gives his name to the estate. This beautiful white-stone Chartreuse is in the tradition of the great mansions of its time, with reception rooms openned on the vineyard and its magnificent century-old trees park.
Surrounded by the Classified Growths of Saint-Estèphe, the 35 hectares vineyard are on the gravellous plateau of Saint-Estèphe, where the cabernet and the merlot best express their potential.
Château Laffitte Carcasset has been Cru bourgeois since 1932 and a family vineyard from its origins. Since 2016, it belongs to Pierre Rousseau and his family.
Château Laffitte Carcasset benefits from the mild climate typical of the great terroirs on the left river bank of the estuary.
The average age of the vineyard is 30 years old, composed of 60 % of cabernet sauvignon, 35 % of merlot and 5 % of cabernet franc.
Faithful to Saint-Estèphe’s style, Château Laffitte Carcasset produces complex and fruity red wines with a beautiful tannic structure giving a very good aging potential.