Bourg & Blaye Regions
A mixture of dry white wine blends made from Sauvignon Blanc and Sémillon and easier drinking red wine blends made from Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon. These regions can offer amazing value.
Spanning along the right bank of the Gironde estuary Bourg and Blaye offer a range of dry white and red wines that can offer amazing value. With one of Bordeaux's UNESCO World Heritage sites this region is worth some explanation.
Red Wine Only Appellations:
White Wine Only Appellations:
Red & White Wine Appellations
Bourg & Blaye Facts and Classification Information
- Size: 23,260 acres (9413 ha)
- Major grape varieties: Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Malbec, Sauvignon Blanc, Sémillon
- Established: The appellations in this area were established between 1936 and 2019.
- Major soils: Limestone and clay
- Contains one of Bordeaux's UNESCO World Heritage Sites - Vauban Citadel